No-fail fat loss plan (in time for summer)
Ready for summer? Warmer weather, shorts, tank tops and bathing suits are just around the corner. Are you ready for it?
What if you spent the next 30 days dropping excess pounds and getting into better shape before hitting the beach? Then you could ride out the summer months fitter than ever and more likely to eat healthier, indulge less and stick with your workout schedule.
I’ve got just the no-fail fat loss plan to get you there. Follow these 5 steps to transform your body over the next 30 days…
1) Move Every Day: Take the next 30 days to really focus your efforts on exercising in some way every day. This does not mean you have to be in they gym for hours, but a 30 minute workout will help you get some quick exercise in. If you don't have time for that, go for a short walk, do push-ups when you first wake up, or do squats right before bed. The goal is to just move! Make a log of each time that you move, noting what you do, the duration, and intensity.
3) Go Sugar Free: Sugar is the biggest thing holding you back when it comes to dropping fat and getting lean. Put down the cake and cookies and instead enjoy some naturally sweet fruit. And be careful! Sugar is found in almost everything. Check nutrition facts label before buying anything. If there are added sugars, put it back on the shelf. Also check out the ingredient list. If you see the words "sugar", “syrup”, “sweetener”, and anything ending in “ose” put it back on the shelf. This will be hard at first, especially if you have a sweet tooth, but the rapid change in your body is fantastic incentive to keep going.
3) Eliminate Refined Carbs: Along with going sugar free, you will already naturally be eliminating refined carbs. But also watch other refined carbs where you can make healthier swaps. Instead of regular pasta, try a bean pasta like black bean pasta, red lentil pasta, or chickpea pasta. Instead of white bread, try a sprouted bread. You can also wrap sandwiches in lettuce for the healthiest option.
4) Enjoy Veggies & Fruits: Enough about all the things you can’t eat, let’s talk about what you can eat. With each meal, the majority of your plate should be vegetables and fruits. These foods have the highest nutrients, are the least calorie dense, are full of fiber, and add a ton of color to your plate.
5) Join My Program: The quickest way to get your body into tip-top shape is to join one of my fitness programs. I’m here to help you get into the best shape of your life, with my proven, effective boot camp program. I'll work with you to reach your goals through exercise and healthy eating. Let's turn the body of your dreams into a reality.
So there you have it, 5 simple steps to transforming your body before summer vacation!
Remember, the next 30 days are going to pass whether you jump on board with a fitness plan or not. So, are you going to spend the next 30 days simply getting older and more out-of-shape OR are you going to buckle down and finally make your amazing transformation?
The choice is yours.
Check out our Facebook page to see an example of a recent workout we did in Boot Camp! Visit us at www.bootcampfans.com
Thanks to Kathleen at Inspire Salon for donating a gift card for our current transformation challenge. Go HERE to see their Facebook page.
Congratulations to Sharon for being the March Student of the Month!
“Sharon has done an amazing job in boot camp over the years! She’s lost weight, lowered her cholesterol, become a marathon runner, and more recently passed Fitranx testing! She leads a fit active lifestyle and is a great role model.” -Stephanie
“Sharon is such a strong woman and always looking for the next challenge! She pushes herself at each workout and has quickly passed the first 3 levels of Fitranx! It is a pleasure to have Sharon with us at The Boot Camp Girl! Congratulations Sharon! -Ashley
“I love having Sharon in class. She’s such a fine athlete, she keeps me on my toes. She is supportive of everyone in class and always has a kind word.” -Connie
- Ava completed 8 push ups!
- David ran the Shamrock 5K in 39:44, 16 seconds under his goal time!
- Lakshmi was able to jump rope with double feet jumps!
- Ramona completed Fitranx level 4 and met her running goal!
- Sharon H. completed Fitranx level 3!
- Tammy F. completed 300 calf raises!
- Tammy H. completed a 5 min wall sit!
Memorial Day 5k
Monday 5/28, 9am
Join us for this fun informal 5k! You can run or walk. All ages are welcome!
Columbia MD Forks Over Knives Meetup Potluck
Sunday 6/3, 4:30pm
Click HERE for more details.
Networking with other students
Hey current students, if you have a like-minded business and you would like to let other students know about it, please let me know and I will post here for you.
Pam Shah, Reiki practitioner
Reiki is a non-invasive method of healing which is activated by intention. It is used alongside conventional medicine or natural remedies. Reiki balances the mind, body & spirit thereby promoting the body’s ability to regenerate itself resulting in higher energy levels, over all wellbeing and email@example.com | 202.329.1489 | Blueberry Gardens
Fox 5 News Segment with The Boot Camp Girl
The Boot Camp Girl was featured on Fox 5 news! Click HERE to see the segment.
Sharon McRae Sharon is a plant-based Certified Health Coach residing in Columbia, MD, who has been adopting and applying principles of health and nutrition in her own life for more than three decades. She works with individuals and families to support them in transitioning to a plant-based diet and adapting healthier lifestyle habits. Sharon received her training at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City and she is certified by PCRM (Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine) as a Food for Life instructor, teaching nutrition and cooking classes in the Columbia area. She offers nutrition and health coaching via phone, Skype, or in person to clients and families and conducts special events such as classes, seminars, and food store tours. Learn more at www.eatwell-staywell.com. Contact Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-615-4631. Dr. Dana Simpler (www.drsimpler.com) "It's time for doctors to help patients cure themselves with proper diet and exercise. This is my focus, and I'm uniquely trained in Lifestyle Medicine. People can reverse their medical problems with proper choices and I'm there to help"Pam Shah, Certified Reiki Master
Reiki is a non-invasive method of healing which is activated by intention. It is used alongside conventional medicine or natural remedies. Reiki balances the mind, body & spirit thereby promoting the body’s ability to regenerate itself resulting in higher energy levels, overall well-being and healing.
email@example.com | 202.329.1489 | Blueberry Gardens
The Boot Camp Girl
Bootcampgirl is awesome! It's a community workout that encourages you to strive for the best you!
Instructors are great! Great supportive and motivating environment to exercise! You get results!
Things are really good, Stephanie. Feeling stronger and better than ever. Celebrated my 60th. Buying new clothes (I've never been in size 6 pants!), did five 5K runs over vacation (one was in 33 minutes -- very flat terrain), water skied, paddle boarded (at Gunpowder Falls, inspired by your field trip), ran a mile in less than 10 minutes. What I thought was a bunion is not bothering me. I haven't taken migraine meds since May -- used to require them 3-4 times per month minimum. I'm doing work outs that were impossible when I first started in February. It's unbelievable what a difference 6 months can make! You are doing God's work 😉! Thank you so much
You are doing a great job. Thanks for putting so much thought, effort and expertise into our workouts. Keep up the great work you do. The results, variety of workouts, available time slots/flexibility of scheduling, length of class time, support from coaches and others in the class.
The program is flexible and tons of support from the instructors. I like the support system that trainers provided. I also like all the great workouts every time I go.
Question: What makes you want to refer others to the program? "Everything! The encouragement, feedback, fun activities, challenging workouts, and positive trainers!"